Online blackjack continues to be a popular gaming option with online players. As a result, virtually every online gaming venue that features casino-style games or game, will offer online blackjack. As players continue to be introduced to the game, it is insightful and helpful to pick up a little bit about this game’s origins and some of the terminology that is used. As players gain more knowledge of the game, the better position they will be in to walk away from the online blackjack table a winner. Blackjack is an old game and has many online blackjack tips. The earliest recorded references to the game date back to the 1700’s. This game has become a staple gambling option in Microgaming casinos and gaming houses around the world ever since. It was only natural that with the advent of the internet and subsequently online gaming, that blackjack would soon follow. Today, as it was mentioned earlier, online blackjack can be found in just about every online gaming venue that is currently operating. Also know as 21 (in the United States), online blackjack truly has a centuries old pedigree. While the origin of blackjack is interesting, what will really benefit players is a short listing and explanation of the various terms that are used in the game. Online blackjack for real money is actually a fairly simple game in principle. However, with the various terms and strategies that are used, players can be somewhat overwhelmed when they are first introduced to the game. Additionally, online blackjack is not just about luck. There is a level of skill that is involved. For players to become proficient, it is to their benefit to learn the basics.
Basic Terms of Blackjack Game
- Stand – means to keep the cards a player is already holding and not take any additional ones.
- Hit – this is when a player wants additional cards to add to his hand.
- Spit – this is a playing strategy where a player who has a pair (two cards of the same number) can ‘split’ his hand into two separate hands with equal bet on each hand.
- Double Down – another common playing strategy in which a player will receive one more card while also doubling the bet.
- Insurance – This is one final playing strategy maneuver. When the dealer is showing an ace, players then have an option (usually) of being able to place a sort of side bet as a means of countering the chance that the dealer has 21.
Up Town Aces
Slots: 400, Games: 50
|$1,500 - Match bonus: 250%%||Play!|
Miami Club Casino
Slots: 400, Games: 50
|$100 - Match bonus: 100%||Play!|
Interestingly, most players advise using this maneuver. These are just a few basic terms, but those players that are familiar with them will be able to better understand the general game play at any online blackjack table.
Online blackjack has a long and rich history. Players have been playing this exciting game for centuries, and there doesn’t seem to be any let up in its popularity. As more people become online blackjack players, it is to their benefit to learn the rules, terminology and strategies of the game. By doing so, players increase the chance of victory playing online blackjack.